Jackson Hole To Open Early Because Snow
When the snow Gods smile, they smile incessantly on Jackson Hole Ski Resort.
It’s getting creepy.
Last year Jackson Hole saw one of its highest snowfall totals ever–over 500 inches of fresh. This year they’re opening early with promising signs of powder and considerable coverage on the mountain. Just to put some things into perspective, the resort has already seen over 100″ of snowfall this season alone. That’s ONE THIRD of what a place like, say, Whitefish Ski Resort in Montana, sees in an entire year.
What is going on here?
Has Jackson Hole become the Shangri La of the United States? Will resorts around the country ever see snowfall or will Jackson Hole keep funneling all the fluffy stuff into its, well, hole?
Whet your whistle real quick on this vid.
This is November, folks.
Mountain Conditions, November, 17, 2017 from Jackson Hole Mountain Resort on Vimeo.
We’re not really sure who’s behind this black, er, white pillowy magic, but here’s what we do know.
- Teton, Apres Vous, and Teewinot lifts will spin on Black Friday, Nov 24
- The Bridger & Sweetwater gondolas, and Casper & Marmot lifts will spin the next day, Nov. 25
- The Bridger-Teton Avalanche Center is reporting the following snow depths at higher evelvations
- Rendezvous Bowl – 53in
- Raymer station – 42in
- Jackson Hole was just named the #1 ski resort in America by Forbes Magazine
- Corbet’s Couloir still the most burly and iconic drop-in in-bounds anywhere
- You can get Jackson Hole lift tickets and lodging deals here on GetSkiTickets.com
Who says you can’t dream about powder before Thanksgiving?
Dream on and enjoy your Turkey Day. We’ll see you out at Jackson on Friday!