SPRING BREAK DEAL ALERT: $200 credit on flight from L.A., Chicago, Dallas to Crested Butte, CO!
Disclaimer: While this piece is directed toward out-of-towners, Coloradans rejoice because all of these deals apply to you, too, minus the $200 off a flight. Maybe one day they’ll give us $200 off our drive.
Deal: Receive a $200 credit per person when you fly direct to Gunnison-Crested Butte Regional Airport from Chicago, L.A., Dallas, or Houston.
Lodging AND lift ticket as low as $68 per day per person.
The town of Gunnison and Mt. Crested Butte ski resort have teamed up, dreamed up, a ridiculous deal for this spring, and it’s not just airfare that’s cheap.
How Does it Work
There’s a few rules to follow, albeit not many, that will make this happen.
- Fly direct from the cities mentioned above (ORD, LAX, IAH, DFW) to Gunnison-Crested Butte (GUC) within one of these windows: Feb 21-Mar 5 or Mar 14-Apr 4.
- Stay at least two nights in participating accommodations in Gunnison, Almont, Crested Butte, or Mt. Crested Butte. You’ll find this list here.
- If staying outside of Crested Butte (Gunnison or Almont) hop on the free bus service that runs between Gunnison and Crested Butte.
- Call 844.209.6794 to book over the phone or book online.
- Relax into the feeling that you’ve not totally broken the bank and breathe.
Why Crested Butte?
I wrote a piece on Crested Butte as a haven for resort and backcountry skiing before, but just to reiterate, this place rocks. Let’s compare and contrast two potential situations real quick.
Situation 1. Fly to Denver Int’l Airport
- Rent a car – $
- Drive the infamous I-70 corridor and pray to the traffic gods
- Stay at resort lodging or surrounding lodging – $$
- Pay a chunk of change for a lift ticket – $$
- Wait in lift lines long enough to strangle you
- Shred some gnar
Situation 2. Fly to Gunnison-Crested Butte Regional Airport
- Be gifted $200 of travel credit as a thank you
- Ride the free bus for an hour from Gunnison to Crested Butte
- Settle into your lodging that includes your day pass
- Wake up in a beautiful town and never have to drive anywhere
- Shred some gnar
The Choice is Yours!
Going to Crested Butte is an immersive experience in Colorado mountain culture. In CB you’re far away from the bustle of the Front Range (Denver, Boulder, Colorado Springs, Fort Collins), you’ll never have to deal with driving on I-70 (a nightmare when traffic hits), and best of all, you’ll never worry about long lift lines. If you want to escape the city for a bit and dive right into Colorado, this might be your best chance. Heck, I may even see you up there!